Recent Posts

Archive

Tags

Year 2 Asia Incursion

Kita Performing Arts Company came to our school for the Year 2 Asia incursion which involved the sharing of their cultures with us. They did this through dance and conversations. Kita is an Indonesian word that means ‘we’. We chose this word for our name because of its Indonesian meaning, and also because the letters of the word 'Kita' stand for our home countries; Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan and our new homeland of Australia.

“Ruby and Baos were the dancers. I liked the dances. My favourite one that Baos did where he spun around in circles. My other one was when Ruby did the ribbon dance.” Finn

My favourite dance was the coconut dance. Ruby did the coconut dance. I did not like the Karate dance.” Kiara

Today year 2 went to the dance studio to see some Asian Dancing. Baos and Ruby showed us 5 different dances. My favourite was the Tai Chi Hip Hop one. Jackson

Ruby and Baos from KITA came to Torquay College for an incursion. I went up the front and did the Tai Chi Hip hop dance with them. All the Year 2 students did a Kung Fu dance together. I enjoyed it. Adotey

Torquay College acknowledges the Wadawurrung people as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live, learn and play and recognise the resilience, strength and pride of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. We acknowledge the connection to land, waters and cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging throughout Australia.

45-55 Grossmans Rd, Torquay VIC 3228, Australia

©2020 BY TORQUAY COLLEGE